Table of Contents
Undoubtedly, most Apple device users use AirPods because AirPods are Apple’s smallest device, so it’s easy to misplace them when you lose your Apple devices. Because of their small size, they are tough to find immediately. That’s why Apple designed the Find My AirPods function. It’s easy to set up and will help you find your lost AirPods, solving a common problem with true wireless earphones. Apple’s AirPods are the most popular wireless headset solution today. The tiny buds have excellent battery life and noise cancellation and are comfortable enough to wear for hours. As with most Apple products, you may wonder if they work with the company’s Find My iPhone.
What is the Find My AirPods function?
Part of the larger Apple iCloud ecosystem, Find My is an app and a service is an app and service that helps you find lost Asia. If you misplace something, the service works on Mac AirPort, iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch, Touch AirPort, and AirTag. The app offers different ways to help you find it. If you think you’ve lost your airports nearby, they can play a specific sound to help you find them. I provide support. These work with most Apple products, so if you’ve lost a pair of third-party headphones or headphones, you’ll need another method to find them.
On the other hand, if you need to know where your airports are or if you’ve lost them, the Find My service lets you use a map to find where you are. As the airport batteries run low, it will leave its last known location before dying completely.
How to add AirPods to find my iPhone?
The steps to add AirPods to the Find My iPhone app can be divided into main parts. You’ll need to enable the Find My iPhone feature, pair the AirPods, and then learn to locate them with the app.
Turn on Find My iPhone
You can locate any lost device using this application if you enable it in your settings menu. That also applies to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod, not just AirPods. Follow the steps below to turn on the Find My feature of your off-phone.
- First, open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Once your AirPods have successfully paired with your iPhone, Find My will also be set up automatically, so you should be ready.
- However, ensure you can find your lost AirPods even when powered off or out of sync with your iPhone.
- Go to Settings.
- Open Bluetooth.
- Click on the More info button next to Up in the list.
- Scroll down further to find My Network, and make sure Find My Network is turned on
How to Use Mac Find My
You can also use a Mac to use the Find My Airports feature.
- Open the Apple menu and click System Priorities.
- Click Security & Privacy. Activate the Privacy tab.
- If the headlock shown in the lower left corner is locked, click on it and give the administrator name and password from it, select Location Services, click Done, then Apple ID, ID followed by ID. Select Cloud.
- Ensure the checkbox next to “Find My Mac” is also turned on to ensure you can find your Mac if it’s lost or stolen.
- Go to Options, ensure Find My Mac is turned on, and click Done to find my network.
How can you use Find My iPhone to find your AirPods?
If you lose or can’t find your AirPods, you can use Find My iPhone to find them. So, the following are some steps.
- First, open the Find My app on your iPhone and, click on Devices at the bottom, tap on your AirPorts from the list of devices.
- You want to see their current address or last location on the map.
- If your AirPods are nearby and connected to your iPhone, you first tap Sound.
- You can beep them loudly until you find them if your airports are not connected or are too far to get driving or walking directions to their last known location.
- If you think someone else has it, you can tap Mark As Lost to lock them with a passcode and display a message with your contact information on it.
Locating Your AirPods When They Are Disconnected
What to do if your AirPods are out of range, battery, or offline? You may have a problem because, in this case, Find My iPhone cannot detect them. However, it can still be helpful, as you can see from the last location and time the AirPods were online. The ‘Play a Sound’ feature is unavailable if AirPods are offline. You can still click the Play Sound option, and if the AirPods come back online, Apple will trigger an audible alert.
The Find My app on your iPhone can find more than just your Apple Watch, iPad, or iPhone. You can also use it to show the location of your AirPods simply by connecting them to any device signed in to iCloud.